The Graduate School invites nominations for the following student awards:
• Outstanding Dissertation– two awards, one in math/science/engineering and one in social sciences/business/humanities, $1000
• Graduate Student Teaching Excellence- two awards, one for GTA instructor of record and one for GTA who assists instructor of record, $1000
• Graduate Student Service Excellence– $1000
• Graduate Student of the Year– up to three awards, $500
• Outstanding Interdisciplinary Program Student– $500
• Outstanding Graduate Student– one master’s and one doctoral student per college, $500
Nominations and notifications of college selections of outstanding master’s and doctoral students are due by February 1, 2016 at 5 pm.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-4558.
Getting Started as a Student:
An online guide is available for new students to help them get started. The guide includes information about the steps it takes to become a student (PID set up, health history documentation, registration and payment, Hokie Passport, etc) and links to a variety of campus events and services, financial resources, campus life, and more.
The Graduate School hosts a new student orientation in the GLC Multipurpose Room on Friday, January 15, 2:00pm. Attendance of this session is not mandatory, but is encouraged, especially for students who do not have an orientation program within their department.
If you have any questions or concerns about getting started at Virginia Tech, please contact us by phone at 540.231.9561 or by email.