The Graduate School will close at 5:00pm on Wednesday, Dec 23 for winter break, and reopen at 8:00am on Monday, Jan 4, 2016 with normal business hours.
Graduate students may access the public areas of the GLC during the break by using their active Hokie Passport to enter the building through the Bookstore-side or the Otey Street entrance.
Materials left in the drop box in front of 120 GLC will be collected and processed on Jan 4, 2016.
The Graduate School invites nominations for the following student awards:
• Outstanding Dissertation– two awards, one in math/science/engineering and one in social sciences/business/humanities, $1000
• Graduate Student Teaching Excellence- two awards, one for GTA instructor of record and one for GTA who assists instructor of record, $1000
• Graduate Student Service Excellence– $1000
• Graduate Student of the Year– up to three awards, $500
• Outstanding Interdisciplinary Program Student– $500
• Outstanding Graduate Student– one master’s and one doctoral student per college, $500
Nominations and notifications of college selections of outstanding master’s and doctoral students are due by February 1, 2016 at 5 pm.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-4558.