The Graduate School invites new graduate students to a pizza lunch (12:00-1:00pm, GLC Multipurpose Room) and short orientation program (1:30-3:00pm, GLC Room F). The lunch and orientation provide opportunities for new students to learn more about the Graduate School and the Graduate Life Center, hear from leaders of the Graduate Honor System and the Graduate Student Assembly, and meet current graduate students.
The orientation program will conclude with a special edition of the GLC Cafe in the Reading Room. Stop by for some free coffee, tea and cookies.
For an online orientation, browse the New Student Guide.
The Graduate School invites nominations for the following student awards:
- Outstanding Dissertation– two awards, one in math/science/engineering and one in social sciences/business/humanities, $1000
- Graduate Student Teaching Excellence- $1000
- Graduate Student Service Excellence– $1000
- Graduate Man and Woman of the Year– $500
- Outstanding Interdisciplinary Program Student– $500
- Outstanding Graduate Student– one master’s and one doctoral student selected per college, $500
Winners will be recognized during the Graduate Education Week awards banquet on March 29 as well as receive a plaque/certificate and monetary award. More information about criteria, forms, and process for nomination can be found on our web page.
The deadline for the first five awards listed above is February 3, 2012 at 5 pm, while notifications to the Graduate School about each college’s selection of the outstanding master’s and doctoral students are due by February 17 at 5 pm.