The following events are available to all new graduate students to help them successfully transition to graduate school and life in Blacksburg:
- Welcome Center and Information Fair August 16-20 in the Graduate Life Center lobby and hallways. Resource tables offer a range of information, coupons and giveaways from campus and community organizations. Graduate student ambassadors assist new students in finding resources that are most important to them, from academic support to health and wellness services and more.
- GTA Training Workshop August 16-17 (must pre-register to attend): This workshop offers intensive introduction and training for new Graduate Teaching Assistants. Visit the GTA Workshop homepage for details.
- Make yourself at home in Blacksburg, August 18, 4:00-6:00pm in the GLC. This new program is designed to help new graduate students connect with people and resources that can help them succeed in graduate school and maintain a healthy life balance. Participating organizations include the Graduate School, Cranwell International Center, Cook Counseling Center, the Women’s Center, a variety of graduate student organizations and more. No registration needed but feel free to sign up.
- New Graduate Student Orientation; August 20 at 9:00am in the GLC Auditorium. This optional session is available to all new graduate students who wish to learn more about the Graduate School and what to expect during their graduate studies, meet representatives of the Graduate School, the Graduate Honor System, the Graduate Student Assembly, and hear from the Graduate Ombudsperson and the Grad BOV Rep.
- Workshops, iInformation sessions and socials are offered during welcome week and the first three weeks of classes to help students get started.
If you have any questions about these events, please contact Graduate Student Services, 540.231.9561, email@example.com.