1. WEEKLY WALK-IN SERVICES IN THE GLC – last updated 5/29/2017
- Career Advising: on hiatus for the summer
- Cook Counseling: on hiatus for the summer
- Graduate School summer hours: 9:00-4:00 begin 5/15/17
- Immigration advising hours: MWF 1:00-4:00pm, TTh 9:00am-12:00pm
- Writing assistance: reserve appointment at http://www.lib.vt.edu/spaces/writing/.
2. GLC CAFÉ
Thursday, Jun 1, 3:30-5:00pm, Graduate School lobby
Enjoy free coffee, tea, and cookies in the company of fellow graduate students and Grad School staff; network, socialize, relax! Bring your own mug if you can. The café will move to the Graduate School lobby and patio for the summer while the elevator is being replaced.
3. GRADUATE SCHOOL SUMMER HOURS
The Graduate School’s offices in the GLC now operate with summer hours, 9:00am-4:00pm daily, with student services opening at 9:30 on Wednesdays. Immigration walk-in advising hours in the summer are MWF 1:00-4:00pm, TTh 9:00am-12:00pm. The Graduate Life Center remains accessible 24/7 to all graduate students with a valid Hokie Passport. A secure drop box is available for form submissions immediately outside GLC 120.
4. VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT FOR DIET & MUSCLE METABOLISM STUDY – 2nd posting
Volunteers needed for a study examining how diet influences muscle metabolism. Must be: Between the ages of 18-40; females must be on monophasic oral contraceptive and not pregnant; not currently taking any medications (other than above); non-smokers; without any major medical problems; willing to eat a high fat diet for 5 days. Participants will receive extensive health information and up to $400 for their time. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in participating, contact the Human Integrative Physiology Laboratory at Virginia Tech, email@example.com; https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eKX222gpcgRqZLv.
VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT FOR STUDENT PANEL
Thursday, Jun 8, 9:00-9:30am, Goodwin 155
Interested in volunteering to serve on a student panel for the National Society of Black Engineers National Leadership Conference (NSBE NLC)? If so, please email Karis Boyd and firstname.lastname@example.org